Since 2011, the East Side Education Foundation has hosted a dinner ceremony to honor the latest class of inductees to the Thomas P. Ryan Hall of Fame. Held at the historic Hayes Mansion in San José, this exciting event is attended by hundreds of school and community leaders, Hall of Fame alumni, and other special guests.
We're excited to introduce the Hall of Fame Class of 2023! This amazing cohort of ESUHSD alums will be formally inducted on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at the Historic Hayes Mansion in San José:
- Meredith Curry Nuñez – Executive Director, Northern California College Promise Coalition (Piedmont Hills, 2000)
- Dr. José Vicente González – Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Santa Clara Unified School District (Yerba Buena, 1996)
- Frederick Griefer – Director, Santa Ana Homeownership Center, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (Santa Teresa, 2001)
- Mike Hennessy – Owner, Hennessy's Automotive (Oak Grove, 1973)
- Wahid Kazem – Assistant Chief of Police, City of Santa Clara (Independence, 1991)
- Élida Sandoval MacArthur, Ed.D. – Superintendent, Mt. Pleasant Elementary School District (Overfelt, 1987)
- Jann L. Murray-García, MD, MPH– Health Sciences Clinical Professor, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis & Director, Social Justice and Immersive Learning, Office of Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, UC Davis Health (Yerba Buena, 1981)
- Kristi Nevarez – Managing Partner, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP (Yerba Buena, 1987)
- Lan Nguyen – Former Trustee, East Side Union High School District (Andrew Hill, 1987)
- Christina Marie Ramos – Senior Local Government Affairs Representative, PG&E (James Lick, 1997)
This year, we're also proud to recognize a pair of stalwart advocates for education as our Special Honorees:
- Paul Humphries is a retired Silicon Valley executive, philanthropist, and longtime board Chair of the Silicon Valley Education Foundation.
- Michael W. Kirst is Professor Emeritus of Education at Stanford University and the longest serving President in the history of the California State Board of Education, serving from 1975 to 1982, and again from 2011 until 2019.
What does your ticket support?
All proceeds from the Hall of Fame Dinner help to fund the Spartan East Side Promise, a program providing counseling, mentorship, and financial support to East Side students on their education journeys. Our hope is to one day honor them as Hall of Famers.